Monday, February 28, 2011

Dancing in the Rain

February 28, 2011
My favorite thing in the world is my ability to laugh and to make other’s laugh. Experiencing and sharing happiness is what I have found to be the most valuable gift we have been given in this world.

Since the superbowl, I have been reminded how amazing the song "Where is the Love" by the black-eyed peas is and believe that everyone should take the time to listen to the lyrics and really consider this message.

1. Laughter
2. Kindness
3. Love
4. Understanding
5. Respect
6. Compassion
7. Generousity
8. Responsibility
9. Friendship
10. Peace
11. Faith
12. Hope
13. Ability to Forgive
14. Ability to Endure
15. Ability to Succeed

Today I saw a quote which I think describes how I embrace life very well:

“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain”

I believe It is only right for me to set goals for myself--because Heaven forbid I take life to seriously and waste time looking at the glass half empty and miss out on all the fun of life:

I, Amelia Houghton, want to be Optimistic when everyone else is pessimistic.
I, Amelia Houghton, will always lose sight of and challange the bounds of reality.
I, Amelia Houghton, embrace life for its ups and downs.
I, Amelia Houghton, will live for the little things as well as the big things in life.
I, Amelia Houghton, will laugh at myself
I, Amelia Houghton, will forgive myself and others
I, Amelia Houghton, will leave it all on the table with no regrets.
I, Amelia Houghton, will learn from my mistakes.
I, Amelia Houghton, will learn to dance in the rain.

I encourage anyone and everyone who may read this blog to challange themselves to be more optimistic and to set goals for themself so they do not take life too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment